The college is affiliated to Karnataka University,Dharwad.Its curriculum includes a range of subjects well suited to educate the students in information technology .Further,the course intends to meet the needs of various industries and inculcates the spirit of entrepreneurship development in the field of technology.
- BCA,Bachelor of Computer Application, is 3 years full time course spanning six semesters.
- Each semester is of 16 week duration.
- Seminars,workshop,lecture series,technical events, interaction with computer specialists,and development of projects are all part and parcel of the learning process at BCA.
A distinctive learning methodology has been designed to impart instructions for the course.The learning equipment and pedagogy used for instructional purposes include the use of overhead projectors,TV,panel discussion,case studies and professional seminars.
- Internal Assessment-For each subject,each semester,done on the basis of 2 tests.
- Written Examination-For each subject,each semester,3 hours duration written Examination will be conducted by Karnataka University.
- Project Work-The sixth semester consists of the project work in addition to the regular subjects.
Note: All the examinations/tests conducted by the college are compulsory and absence of students without valid reasons/leave will be seriously viewed. All are expected to show progress in Exam/tests.
Passing Criteria :
The aggregate of all semester(I to VI) will be considered for declaring the class.
- First Class With Distinction-Those securing 70% and above.
- First Class-Those securing 60% and above but less than 70%.
- Second Class-Those securing 50% and Above but less than 60%.
A student should have minimum of 75% attendance in all subjects for taking examination during the academic year,as per Karnataka University rules and the students fail to fulfil this condition will under no circumstances be allowed to appear for their Examination.
- The computer laboratory equipped with latest machines, with all necessary softwares.
- High speed Internet connection.
- Ultra Modern Laboratories with sophisticated gadgets.
- Individual and personalized care of the students.
- Teaching laboratory techniques at par with the best.